Just when you think there aren't any real gentlemen out there anymore, you get pleasantly surprised. Just a normal day, going to the bank and the guy ahead of me (quite a ways ahead of me too) opened the door and patiently waited for me to walk through!!!!!!!!! I've gotten so used to just doing things myself( I mean I moved microwaves and took the trash out by myself 8 months pregnant) But that is something I would like to see more of. I believe men are supposed to do certain things, however men these days think they are entitled to a working woman who comes home and then does everything else around the house! I don't think so, this is not how I was raised and I am hardwired to believe that the woman stays home and cares for the children and the home while the man works. Now I know this is not for everyone, but this is just what I believe. So many people assume that women that stay at home are lazy and fat. This is not true and running a household and taking care of babies are two full time jobs in itself. It seems like instinct to me and I deeply miss it. My dad has role modeled an amazing father/husband figure. He does many things around the house without being asked and knows that his family comes first. In this day and age too many men are wrapped up in themselves even though they have a family at home. Too many men are wanting women to be the same that they have been for years BUT they are not living up to their part of the deal anymore. No more door holding, pulling out chairs, or treating women like delicate beings. I swear I was born in the wrong century!
So to this anonymous man, thank you! You were a breath of much needed air!
New Food Blog
14 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment