I was reading in a magazine that you should write a love letter to yourself, it'll make you feel better so here goes nothing..
Dearest Ashley,
I've known you for what seems like forever, yet not long enough. I admire so much about you and wish you too would admire yourself. I love how you have endured so much heartache, loss, and hard times. You still get out of bed (although it may be later in the morning than you should) and you try to live each day as a new day. I admire your deep inner strength (even though sometimes you struggle to use it). I love how you put your children first, have made lots of sacrifices and chosen the best for them (no matter how hard it was for you). I find it empowering that you worked 3 jobs and went to night school, all while pregnant and caring for a 3 year old. You are a rockin' momma whether you believe it or not. Don't let anyone else tell you you're not a good mom, because you are. You do the best that you can and that's all that anyone can do.
I know you are hard on yourself, especially about your body image. Keep telling yourself that you have brought two beautiful children into this world. Not everyone can pay for tummy tucks, personal trainers, nutrionists, and super healthy diet food. You do the best you can with what God gave you, and he gave you a healthy and fertile body with the ability to bear children and not have any major complications. Remember that is a blessing in itself, so many women struggle to get pregnant and to carry to term. Your body may not look like a super model's but it has super human strength and it has all the necessities to nuture children. Sure you might have stretch marks, some cellulite, and extra skin forming a cute little pooch (ok not so cute but whatev), most mommies have this too and it's well worth the reward! You have a wonderful man who loves you just like you are, who loved you after your body had these two children and who said himself that he probably wouldn't have been attracted to your former 115 lb highschool self. He loves the woman and mom you are now. So let go of the dreams of having that highschool body back. You're much better in this new form that you possess and it'll just keep getting better with age! And by the way you still have some killer legs!
The thing I probably love the most about you is your huge heart, the fact that you want to give and give til you can't give anymore and then to keep giving. Sure you can pout when you don't get your way, but 9 times out of 10 you make sure the one's you love have what they want. You are forgiving, you give 2nd chances, and you try to remain patient til the bitter end. You're sensitive and compassionate(although sometimes jealous) and you rarely say a mean word, unless deserved. You may not say how thankful you are all the time, but you show your love and gratitude in ways you know best(helping in subtle ways or baking some goodies). You have a lot to offer and don't forget that! Even in hard times like now, just because you aren't working doesn't mean you are worthless. You are smart and intelligent and the right job will come. You will find that niche where you have always wanted to be and you will be happy in a job where you help others. It will come just be patient.
I love your faith in your loved ones, in God and in mankind in general. Don't lose your faith. You don't need others to tell you that you have no faith because you don't practice a religion. Faith is so much better and stronger. Keep your faith close to your heart and your prayers frequent. God will always guide you down the right path.
I love you for you! So don't forget that!
And here's a song that I love right now, makes me feel happy!!
New Food Blog
14 years ago

1 comments:
awww bump. this is so sweet. such a cute idea. love youuuu
Post a Comment