So my quest for a job is really frustrating and I probably give up on it several times a day and then realize, "no you have bills to pay NEXT week"....It angers me to have to keep applying for jobs that I am greatly overqualified for, but to also not get an interview for or to have to keep calling them only to hear, "H.R. isn't in today.." EVERYDAY..this lady named, Brenda, must be fictitious...The lack of transportation makes it hard to take any jobs outside of a 10 mile radius and this town is so small there isn't much of anything..I hate it..I hate it here...
Friday cannot come fast enough, I can have another weekend where I can forget about my "I need a job, I'm broke, I suck" problems. The Boo sure does make life sweeter. (yes I have a huge grin from ear to ear on my face)
Anyway..I was thinking of doing something I saw the bestie do in her blog a bit ago..write my 17 year old self a letter..So here it goes..
Dear 17 year old Ashley,
You're in your junior year and you might think you have some serious problems: annoying, nagging parents, no car, a stupid cashier job and a bunch of meaningless relationships under your belt(this is just what they are...trust me). But enjoy this time because it will go by so fast. Soon you will be struggling to make ends meet and there won't be endless shopping sprees to Forever 21. Appreciate your looks now, because you really aren't fat and they was never anything ugly about you. You will quickly have the way you view your body shaken up and it will be really hard for you to find your confidence, so build it up now.
I think I'll let you make the same mistakes over because without one there wouldn't have been the next, and so on and so forth. You're going to meet someone who should have just remained your friend, but without him you would miss out on one of the best gifts God has for you, your son. You're also going to use alcohol to mask the pain of another failed relationship and you make poor choices, however without this lack of judgement you would miss out of your next best gift, your daughter. The only thing I would tell you is to realize that you're better than the guys that you surround yourself with. Your worth is more than they will ever let you see.
You will go through some hard years of heart break, but it will all be worth it because one day not too far away you will meet the man you've always dreamed of and in a way you would have never imagined. Those years of hurt will make you open your eyes, your heart and your mind and you will finally be ready to love unconditionally and give endlessly just like it should be. You will know what you want and need which makes it possible for you to find it.
Try not to sweat your first love and his girlfriend causing drama..your tears aren't worth it. They both will realize their mistakes and beg for your forgiveness. You were never in the wrong, so just hold your head high and enjoy the rest of highschool.
Do hold on to that best friend of yours, she will be one of the only friends to stand through everything. You will have a lot of disagreements and you will hurt each other, but she is your soulmate because no matter what you couldn't live without her in your life. Make sure you keep acting just as silly as always with her, those memories will last you a lifetime.
I know that things have changed greatly between your Aunt and the rest of the family. But please don't distance yourself from her, and do whatever it takes to convince your mom not to either. Your time with her is limited and tomorrow is not guaranteed. Always let your loved ones know how you feel, but especially her.
I'm going to close this with, please remember that you are going to miss this, yet life has so much more in store for you. So don't give up and don't settle. Remember that you are a smart and beautiful girl, inside and out.
Love Your 23 year old self
New Food Blog
14 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment